Water softening is the process of removing magnesium, calcium and some other metal cations from the hardwater. The ensuing soft water is like-minded with soap and expands the life span of plumbing. Water softening is done by means of:-
- · Ion-exchange resin devices - Conventional water-softening machines projected for domestic use depends on an ion-exchange resin.
- Lime softening – In this case lime is added to soften the hard dirty water.
- Chelating agents - Chelators are used in chemical breakdown. Citric acid is used for softening the water in laundry detergents and soaps. A regularly used synthetic chelator is the ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA).
- Distillation and rain water – This is an expensive process.
- Reverse osmosis - Reverse osmosis (RO) uses hydrostatic pressure gradients across a particular membrane which has numerous pores to pass the water molecules whereas the ions of the hard water such as Ca2+ and Mg2+ are left behind and flushed into the drain. The resultant which is supplied is now free of those ions and soft. These membranes have a restricted capacity and should be replaced regularly.
The Water Softening Plant in Kolkata supplies clean and soft water to the industries like cotton mills, paper mills, Chemical plant, Poultry Firms, food processing units, fisheries, etc and many other domestic areas also. Using dirtied hard water is the main reason of spreading of diseases and infections. It is essential to understand the advantages of soft water to stay away from hazards.
Get separated from ailments by consuming packaged drinking water.
The water which is used for the production of packaged drinking water is derived from sources like ground water from borewell, public drinking water systems from the municipality supply that is received daily. The Packaged Drinking Water Plant in Kolkata packs the pure water in the PET bottles of different capacities through an automatic filling, rinsing and capping machine attached with an ozone generator. This is done in accordance with the instructions given by the ISI. The process of purifying is followed with the testing and packaging steps. These bottles are available in all local shops and are priced nominally according to the capacities.